Friday, June 14, 2013

What I learned about myself at the mall earlier

Before you start reading, play this video.
I don't think I like the mall at all. I mean I love shopping, don't get me wrong, it's just the people in the mall make me want to give myself a swirly and then light my hair on fire. These random people just walk right up next to you with no regard for your/ my preference of personal space. Clothing store employees are either all up in your business or are silently judging you from afar. Mom's let their children run loose in stores. Whenever I walk into Hollister in particular I feel like I have to have a gas mask and a flash light on me. Ugh ugh ugh. The only pleasant time I had in a store was when Foreign Exchange played the Birthday Song by 2 Chains. Is it sad that I know every word of that song? (I'm listening to it right now and so are you. It's like we're... connected.)
But that's just how I feel about the mall nearest to my house. I've been to lovely malls and I've been to dumpier malls, but for the most part, I'm not a big fan of them anymore. I used to love going to the mall, but it was a different time. BUT IF YOU'RE A HOMIE OF MINE AND YOU'RE LIKE HEY LESLEY YOU WANT TO HANGOUT AT THE MALL WITH ME THEN I WOULD SAY YES OF COURSE.
So what I did was just go to this little Cuban restaurant, order a papa rellena and a pineapple soda, sit in a little secluded section of the mall, and read some Fahrenheit 451 by the legendary Ray Bradbury.
I'm absolutely in love with the book and if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it! It's a quick read and has an interesting plot to say the least. The book takes place in the future where books are against the law. This guy, Guy Montag, is a fireman who burns books for a living. He meets a girl named Clarisse McClellan who changes the way he sees things. (I wanted them to have an affair for some reason).
You know what's funny? I used to never really be into sci-fi, but now I love it.
Well that's that for now. Have a lovely Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment