Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cheap girl's guide to make-up ♡

Sometimes you don't have to break your wallet for cosmetics... Here are some tips and tricks I've picked up along the way

1♡ E.L.F.

When I was little, I thought this make up was for elves and thought it was super cool, but totally unusable (because it's for elves...). I later learned that it was for humans and "elves don't exist" ; n ;
E.L.F. stands for eyes, lips, face as it turns out. They carry all the kinds of make-up products that you can imagine at super cheap prices!
A lot of the make-up I use is actually from this brand. I always hear people complain about it's cheap quality, but I've been using the stuff for over a year now and it doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out. 

Pros: I use it (and I'm super cute so you know it's doing what it's supposed to), and it's super cheap! YEY!
Cons: Sometimes people give you crap for having the stuff for their own lame stigmas (If people give you crap for being sensible and economic and think that good things cost $$$ then tell them to eat your shorts.)

2♡ Have cute (non-germophobic, non-greedy) friends who love expensive make up/ makeovers


These are the kinds of friends that splurge on brands like Benefit, NARS, Urban Decay, etc. 
Sleepovers are a great way to get into their make-up bags. Suggest makeovers! Don't steal their stuff though... Friends don't steal from each other. Also don't expect them to share their make-up with you...
If you got A+ friends, they'll do your make-up for events like dances or parties! Getting pampered is such an esteem booster imo

Pros: Good friends! And also free makeovers! And also good friends!
Cons: It can be really gross to share certain make-ups with certain people so you have to be careful... 

3♡ Become a member at Sephora


What I love about Sephora is that every month they give their members free stuff promoting new things the have in their store. And when it's the member's birthday they always give them a cute cute cute free gift! God bless membership. 
To become a member, you'd have to buy something first and then they'll ask you if you're a member and if you want to become a member. Say (heck) yes (sexy lady/sir)! Fill out the information stuff. You'll get a cute little card. Keep it safe! The card has hella perks. I mean if you lose it, I think they'll just ask you for your email when you buy something.
Although I'm not quite sure if you have to renew it ever... I just assume you're a member FOR LIFE. 

Pros: Free stuff! YAY!
Cons: You have to go to Sephora to redeem yo treasure, and sometimes the employees are NOT fabulous and are actually douche bags

4♡ Testers


Let's say you don't have a couple dollars laying around for E.L.F, cute friends, or talking to the fabulous employees at Sephora... You can always use the testers. I don't personally do this, but I know some people who do and it works for them(?). You'd have to be really sneaky and quick to get away with this and I assume you can't do this everyday, but probably when you have something later in the day. You can only use what's out there and obviously can't open new things... You gotta pay, girl!

Pros: Totally free. 
Cons: YOU DON'T KNOW WHO USED THE STUFF BEFORE YOU AND WHETHER OR NOT THEY USED THEIR GRIMY LITTLE FINGERS OR NOT SO EW??????? Also an employee might catch you and make you leave the store. And sometimes what you need isn't there so... :/


 ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ 


Hope this helped all my economically conscious readers!
You're fabulous no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment